The Coffee Lover’s Beginner’s Course
Requirements: For Beginners – no previous knowledge required
Join us on this Coffee Lover’s Beginners Course as we delve into the wonderful world of coffee. We will introduce you to some interesting coffee facts and show you how to prepare great coffee at home. Our Coffee Lover’s Beginners Course will teach you about various home brewing methods, give you the opportunity for hands-on experimenting and of course plenty of coffee tasting; so make sure you are coffee thirsty! After completing our Coffee Lover’s Beginners Course you will be ready to impress your visitors at home with your coffee expertise and be one step closer to joining our Durham Coffee Club (see below for more details)!
- Basic coffee knowledge: What is coffee? Farming – Roasting – Brewing
- The Importance of Freshness & Brewing Guidelines
- Learning about and comparing different brewing methods (V60 – Cafetiere – Aeropress – Mokka Pot)
- Hands-on Brewing and plenty of coffee tasting
Included in the course:
- As much coffee as you can drink and
- Some nibbles
- Complementary 250g bag of coffee
Duration: 3hs (10am – 1pm)
Location: Durham Coffee HQ – AMR Building, Unit 8, Sacriston Industrial Estate, Plawsworth Road, Sacriston, DH7 6JX, Durham
* Note: Maximum of 6 people on a course. Course needs a minimum of 2 people to run – we will contact you at least a week before if the course needs rescheduling *
Loved our Barista or Beginners course and want to further your knowledge to gain membership to our Durham Coffee Club with exclusive access to discounts and our Brew Lab Events? Then sign up to our Coffee Lover’s Advanced Course for a deeper insight into the world of coffee and roasting with hands on tasting and cupping experience.